Join us as we Initiate the CHange
iSTOX is Asia's first fully regulated STO exchange platform based on blockchain technology. We are licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, with seed investments by the Singapore Exchange (SGX) and Temasek (Heliconia). We are in the business of innovating capital markets with blockchain technology, and building the next-generation exchange platform to facilitate connection between users and holders of capital in a regulated and transparent marketplace for tokenized offerings.
We are seeking an Operations Manager to be a senior member of our Operations team, charged with operating a new securities marketplace. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment, and with a group of exceptionally product focused self-starters who want to make a difference. If you are inspired to take on the challenge of building the Exchange of the future, we would love to speak with you!
The initial focus is to assist in the building of robust frameworks, policies and procedures to cover the end-to-end operation of a new securities exchange and depository using blockchain technology. Thereafter, to operate the new securities exchange and depository in an efficient and effective manner that satisfies all business and regulatory requirements.
Initially, to assist the project lead(s) and participate in project team(s) to:
- establish operating requirements for new products, onboarding participants & issuers, daily trading, settlement and custody operations, and
- design and document processes to manage the operations.
Subsequently, to participate in operating the trading, settlement and custody of a new securities marketplace:
- Develop materials to document operational end-to-end process flows
- Ensure that participants and issuers are appropriately onboarded
- Operate a fair, orderly, transparent market to facilitate trading of securities
- Ensure daily processes are completed accurately and timely
- Manage operational risks
- Participate in the ongoing effort to improve on the systems and processes to handle new requirements
- Handle queries and requests from participants, issuers and internal departments
- Play a leading role in long-term planning, including an initiative towards operational excellence
- Ensure Supervisory controls are maintained and available as needed for review with management, compliance and audit.
- Meet audit standards and successfully pass audits both internal and external.
- To work closely with colleagues in business units and participants & issuers to meet business requirements.
- To manage regulatory obligations and handle regulatory matters, including working with regulators
- 3-5 years of practical operations experience in the financial services sector is required
- Experience in preparation of operational documentation
- Good understanding and experience in securities instruments and market practices from securities issuance to trading and custody operations would stand the candidate in good stead
- Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting preferred
- Perform key accountabilities independently with minimal supervision
- Essential Attributes - Drive, good team player and determination
- Exercise initiative, and willingness to take on assignment/tasks and new opportunities to broaden exposure and experience
- Possess leadership qualities to effectively manage a team